6/06/2010

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Liter V-8, June 6th, 2010

Went to test drive the new Mustang today, and I must say I liked it quite a bit. The difference in HP was noticeable, and she was a little more throaty than my 2010. The red line is set at 6800 RPM, I was pushing 100 in 3rd on the back roads by the dealership with her growling the whole time. The 6 speeds are easy to shift between with the short throw shifter, though the clutch was way too loose for me, but that could be tweaked. The power assist steering and stiffer suspension were very nice sliding through the corners at 30. The salesman told me to drive it like I stole it, and appeared oddly comfortable when I did just that.

I was quite tempted to trade my car in today, and pick up the new one tomorrow. They made it very easy, no money down and $10,000 left to pay at around $150.00 a month. I have to tell you I turned into a little kid at the candy store at this point. However, I would lose the convertible and my great sound system, as the new car would have been a coup without the shaker 1000. The cons outweighed the pros (with a little help from my wife), and I decided it was better to stick with my original idea. To make the car I already own (free and clear) more mine than ever, using the money I would spend on the new one. Then, in 3 years when it's the 50th anniversary of the Mustang think about a new one, I am sure there will be something special for that.

So, in the end I drove home in the car I truly love, grinning from ear to ear at my little test drive in the brand new 5.0...

No comments:

Post a Comment