6/27/2010

Renninger's Car Show And Chili Cook Off, June 27, 2010.

Last night after the show at Harley Davidson I cooked up some contest winning chili to bring up to Mt. Dora today for the car show at Renninger's Antique Mall. However, upon arrival at the show the lady looked at me as though I had 3 eyes when I said I was there for the Car Show and Cook Off. I had found out about this event on "The Muscle Car Network", and it seems as though the information was not exactly accurate. The lady I had originally talked with had her supervisor talk with me, she felt bad for the mix up and waived my fee for the show today and gave me a V.I.P. card for when they DO have the cook off in October. She explained that the guy that organized the event was way to premature on advertising the event, and was unable to make it happen. October seems a much better time for a chili cook of anyway, so I went in to enjoy the show and share my chili with new friends.
06-27-2010
Renninger's property seemed massive, with many things going on at once. There was an indoor area with permanent antique shoppes, People selling their junk a swap meet outside, and a car and bike show every last Sunday in the back area. Further back there appeared to be bleachers, after investigating I learned they have demolition derbies, tractor pulls, and all manner of motorized events.

There were about 50 cars in attendance, mostly classic like usual with some Late Models scattered here and there. When I arrived I parked under some trees to get the shade, but that quickly went away for the car. I set up my spot back under these great live oak trees draped with Spanish Moss. I swear I should have been drinking mint juleps and eating some fried green tomatoes. About an hour after I arrived 3 other Mustangs showed up and parked right by me, they got to partake in the chili I had made.
06-27-2010
For being such a HOT day I was surprisingly comfortable, a combination of the great shade of those live oaks and a pretty constant breeze made it quite bearable.
06-27-201006-27-201006-27-2010
The show was judged, and trophies for "Best GM", "Best Ford", and "Best Mopar" in pre and post 1970. Also, there was "Top 25", "Best of Show", "Best Paint", and "Best Interior". I ended up with a "Top 25" trophy for the day, and should have had a "Best Chili" win too.
06-27-2010
I am looking forward to October when my Chili and my Car will win awards for the day, it will be a fun day I am sure...

1 comment: