3/24/2010

Timeless Wings And Wheels, March 20, 2010

On Saturday this past weekend I was joined by Jim, Val, and Vic on a trip up to New Smyrna Beach for a different kind of show at the airport there. It was a show for all makes of cars, though it was mostly Mustangs, and WWII airplanes. 3 P-51 Mustangs, and a remake of the same were their too. There were other planes as well, including a jet used by astronauts for training. It was a free show, but donations of pet food and donations for lunch were appreciated. Folks also had the opportunity to buy time and photos of their car with a P-51, I was broke so I only got some lunch. It was a great day, 71 and sunny, a little warm without shade (just a mental note if I go to this event again next year). I had hoped more people from the MFMC would be there, but there was a club event scheduled for the same day. I had to work in the evening so the car show was the only choice for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment