7/26/2010

DIY Steeda Cold Air Intake and CDC Light Bar, July 26th, 2010.

After buying a few things today I decided that 2 of them I had the confidence to do the install by myself. I have a mechanic that lives right across the street so if I hit a road block I had him to talk with, but did not need to consult him. I called Vic first then Jim to talk about the SCT tuner, but will have to talk directly with SCT tomorrow.

First up on the DIY was a brand new Steeda cold air intake, that requires a tune to work properly. At least I got the sucker in to the car, which I found to be incredibly easy.

Stock:
Overview

Process:
Steeda Cold Air Intake Install

Installed!!!:
Steeda Cold Air Intake Install

However, until it's tuned it will sit in the garage, thanks to this little warning at the bottom of the instructions. It's a good thing we have more than one car...

For the second DYI project of the day, I installed a new Classic Design Concepts light bar. I have been looking at these for months, on other cars and in pictures, going back and forth on if I wanted one or not. I came in under budget on the other parts I purchased, so I decided to get the light bar after all. I am very pleased with my decision, I really like how Beatrix looks with it installed.

CDC Light Bar InstallCDC Light Bar Install

CDC Light Bar Install

The other parts will be discussed in a future installment of the Accidental Car Enthusiast. Perhaps when they get installed...

EDIT:
Tune uploaded to car, and it works too. Noticeable horsepower and torque gains, and she growls a little more from the engine. I am very pleased! I will get her on a dyno after the other power addition is installed...

No comments:

Post a Comment