8/12/2010

4.10 Gears Installed August 12, 2010.

The wife told me if I wanted to get a little more done to my car I could if I wanted to. This morning I headed back over to Lamotta Performance to get some new gears, I decided to upgrade from the 3.55 up to 4.10.

My Mechanic

Basically what this means is I get more low end torque. Or in even simpler terms, I get more throttle response when I press down on the gas pedal. Quite seriously after driving it home I can tell you all that, yes, indeed it does have more get up and go. I have to take it easy on the new gears for a couple of days so they can settle in with each other, so the manufacturer states. Patrick, the office manager, said that he tells everybody to take it easy but 4 of 5 still drive out of the parking lot sideways.

I arrived at about 10am and decided to stick around for the install, to see how they did it.
New 4.10 Gears
Up On The LiftUp Higher On The LiftBeatrix Underbody
NO GEARS!!Start Of New Gears

I learned a few things, mainly that I don't want to ever have to change the gears on a Mustang. The guys over at Lamotta did a great job and didn't mind me hovering and taking pictures.

Magnaflow X-PipeDamper, Spring, And Sway Bar

I am going back on Monday for the dyno and tune to give the gears the time they need to settle. The dyno we did the other day was a bad day plus I had substandard petrol running my car. She put down 280HP but Jake thinks she should be around 290HP. I will be sure to post the results as soon as I get home on Monday from the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment