8/06/2010

Lowered and Louder With Short Throw Shift! August 6, 2010.

Car went into the shop bright and early this morning to have a few parts installed. I got the work done over at Lamotta Performance in Longwood, a shop that a few of my Mustang Club buddies have used and trust. After the work was done I can tell you that I would recommend them as well, very professional and high level of attention to detail. I felt like my car was their only priority, even with many other Mustangs around the shop getting worked on. There was more to the install than they had originally thought, I didn't communicate the fact that the lowering was the entire handling pack rather than just springs, also, the exhaust was x-pipes AND axle back mufflers. As a result the dyno run planned for after the install was postponed until Monday, I will post the results when I get them. I am very pleased with my decision to go to Lamotta to have the work done rather than the other option I was considering.
Lomotta Performance InstallLomotta Performance Install
The modifications done today was the perfect amount to make me a very happy Mustang owner. My car was lowered by an inch (1.5" rear, 1" front) with a Ford Racing handling pack, than included springs, dampers, sway bars, and strut tower brace (though I kept the stock brace in). The lower stance makes me feel more in control of all those horses when I press down on that pedal, and cornering is more consistent and controlled. A Steeda tri-ax shifter that I was, with good reason, not confident to put in myself was installed as well. The short throw all billet aluminum shifter is an impressive improvement over the stock shifter, It's so much easier to shift. Last but not least, the exhaust was upgraded with a Magnaflow true x-pipe with high flow cats, and a Magnaflow axle back muffler. This really is the favorite modification I have made to my car, the deep and aggressive exhaust tone that I am getting now is really music to my ears. It's not very loud when cruising, but cranking down on the accelerator really makes a nice loud sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment